Legal Secretary Cover Letter
The legal secretary cover letter focuses on why you are a good candidate for the job. Your cover letter should highlight the skills and abilities that qualify you as a good match for the position.
Focus on important competencies including communication skills, planning and organizing, accuracy and information collection and management.
This well-structured cover letter for legal secretary jobs clearly demonstrates why you deserve the job interview.
Your Contact details (phone and email)
Mr Mark Stevens
Gambit and Proctor LLP
25 South Street
Long Island, NY 11551
Dear Mr Stevens
It is with considerable enthusiasm that I respond to your advertisement for a legal secretary. I am confident that my experience and competence combine to create an excellent match for this opportunity. I have highlighted my skills as they relate to your requirements.
- seven years experience providing high level support in a busy legal practice
- able to efficiently draft correspondence, process legal documents, prepare legal forms and file court documents
- proven research skills and excellent attention to detail
- experienced at coordinating and organizing large caseloads
- proficient use of solid legal knowledge base to make independent and valid decisions
- responsible for interacting professionally with clients from point of referral
- a reputation as a dedicated worker who uses her initiative and expertise to successfully complete multiple assignments within tight deadlines
I look forward to hearing from you to further discuss this opportunity. I am available for an interview at your earliest convenience, please contact me via phone or email to arrange a suitable time.
Thank you for your consideration.
Send a professional resume with your cover letter for legal secretary jobs. Use the sample legal secretary resume to help you.
Find more details about legal secretary duties and skills at the comprehensive legal secretary job description
Legal Secretary Cover Letter Template
Secretarial Interview Questions
Paralegal Job Resources
Paralegal Cover Letter
Paralegal Interview Questions
Job Interviews > Cover Letters > Legal Secretary
Use the search box to find exactly what you are looking for.
To Top of Page
This legal secretary sample job description can assist in your creating a job application that will attract job candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Legal Secretary Job Responsibilities:Enhances attorney effectiveness by providing information-management support; representing the attorney to clients and others.
Legal Secretary Job Duties:
- Welcomes guests and clients by greeting them in person or on the telephone; answering or directing inquiries.
- Produces information by transcribing, formatting, inputting, editing, retrieving, copying, and transmitting text, data, and graphics; coordinating case preparation.
- Conserves attorneys time by reading, researching, reviewing, verifying, and routing correspondence, reports and legal documents; drafting letters and documents; collecting and analyzing information; initiating telecommunications; organizing client conferences, and attorney meetings; scheduling couriers, court reporters, expert witnesses, and other special functions; coordinating preparation of charts, graphs, and other courtroom visuals; preparing expense reports.
- Maintains attorney calendar by planning and scheduling conferences, teleconferences, dispositions, and travel; recording and monitoring court appearance dates, pleadings, and filing requirements; monitoring evidence-gathering; anticipating changes in litigation or transaction preparation requirements.
- Represents attorney by communicating and obtaining information; following-up on delegated assignments; knowing when to act and when to refer matters to attorney.
- Generates revenues by documenting and inputting attorney billable time and reimbursable expenses; preparing invoices; tracking payments.
- Maintains client confidence by keeping client/attorney information confidential.
- Provides historical reference by developing and utilizing filing and retrieval systems; recording meeting discussions; maintaining transcripts; documenting and maintaining evidence.
- Maintains office supplies by checking stocks; placing and expediting orders; evaluating new products.
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; calling for repairs.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Legal Secretary Skills and Qualifications:Documentation Skills, Meeting Planning, Supply Management, Telephone Skills, Office Experience - General, PC Proficiency, Verbal Communication, Internal Communications, Dependability, Professionalism, Client Relationships
Find out more about recruiting trends in the legal industry.
Employers: Post a job in minutes to reach candidates everywhere.
Job Seekers: Search Legal Secretary Jobs and apply on Monster now.
Learn more about how to write a job description: